Before you lead a group through MomentumYes, read the following instructions to prepare for each session. Please note that additional preparation is required for parts of Sessions 3-6, which allows leaders to customize MomentumYes for their context.
If you have questions regarding how MomentumYes works, contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plan for a way that your group can collectively view the MomentumYes videos. See the “Help & FAQs” dropdown for details.
- We encourage you to study Session 1 before conducting it with your group for familiarizing yourself with the technology interface of the ebook and website. We recommend using Chrome as your browser if you are having trouble with the videos buffering.
- Remind group members that the MomentumYes Session Guide (notes) is electronic. Each person should bring his or her preferred device to access the notes.
- At the start of Session 1, have each individual go to momentumyes.com/ebook to click on his or her format of choice for the Session Guide.
- Consider if a 10-minute icebreaker is needed prior to starting session content. Ask each person to share a bit about their jobs and families.
- If a group is composed of more than seven people, divide it into smaller groups for discussion purposes. We suggest maintaining the same discussion groups throughout MomentumYes.
- As a leader, make certain to prepare to redirect your group if the discussion moves off topic or if one person monopolizes it.
Beginning with Session 2, the first part of each session reviews the previous session, which is very important because each session builds upon the earlier one.
Prepare for the “Host-Directed Prayer for the Unreached.” Select a people group of your choice. Alternatively, have everyone in your group install the Unreached of the Day app, and pray for the people group of the day. This option offers your group members an ongoing, easy way to pray for the unreached.
Create a short, two-minute-testimony video of your own people who have joined the momentum. Model it after the short testimonies at the end of Session 3, Video 4, “Everyday People Working as a Team” video. This approach will normalize joining the momentum for individuals in your context. Ensure that it is both simple and authentic. Click here for a sample.
Prepare for the “Host-Directed Prayer for Neighbors from Different Backgrounds.” Google ethnicity and your home city if you do not know where or how to start. Does your community have a mosque or Hindu temple? Find a group member who will perform some research to help direct your prayer time. Click here for a sample.
This session pertains to the next steps. It would be helpful to identify next steps for your group members based on your community and church. Consider what will motivate them to action, such as upcoming mission trips, opportunities to serve, international students at a local university, and dining at ethnic restaurants locally. Be creative! Be specific! This section will be easier if you copy a distribution and discussion list.